bluedot is made up of six campsites consisting of:
- Standard Camping
- Family Camping (a family-only area located within the standard campsite)
- Tangerine Fields (pre-pitched dome tents located with the standard campsite)
- Live-In Vehicles
- Accessible Camping
- The Colony – Boutique Camping
Camping is only available with a weekend ticket and standard campsites are included in the price of your ticket. For all campsites excluding pre-bookings (boutique, Tangerine Fields and live in vehicles) spaces are on a first come first served basis.
We have a number of boutique structures available to purchase located within The Colony, our boutique campsite.
The Colony must be booked in advance. If you have a Thursday entry ticket for weekend customers, you can still from Thursday in your boutique structure.
The boutique campsite will include free to use showers, dedicated boutique campsite toilets, free phone charging and access to a dedicated food and drink stall.
The prices are per unit not per person and don’t include the price of a full weekend ticket.
LIVE IN VEHICLES
Live-in vehicles require 1 ticket per vehicle, not per person.
- All live-in vehicles will be in a separate field, this is the only field where festival ticket holders can sleep in vehicles.
- Pitch size per vehicle is 7 x 6 metres
- Unsuitable vehicles, including unconvered vans with live in vehicle tickets will not be permitted entry to this field.
- We only allow converted vehicles in the fields if they have living accommodation with fitted sleeping facilities and either fitted cooking or washing facilities.
- Vehicle tickets are only valid with a festival weekend ticket.
- Live-in vehicle tickets must be purchased in advance.
- No tents are to be erected between vehicles. Awnings are permitted.
- There is no re-entry for live-in vehicles that leave the site during the event.
- There is NO water/electricity hook up available.
Clean off the cosmic debris in our Meteor Showers at bluedot 2020, located in the standard campsite. Featuring hot showers, real flushing toilets and a pamper lounge with straighteners, salon quality hairdryers and make-up mirrors. Enjoy the creature comforts of home in your weekend stay with us under the stars. Open from 7AM – 9PM Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Phone charging
- General Store – Supplying vitals such as milk, toothpaste, water and toilet roll.
- Safe storage – Available on site at the Campsite Hub to keep your valuables safe.
- Food – A full curated bill of delicious world cuisine including organic, vegan and vegetarian dishes.
- Drink – A wide selection of quality drink ranging from real ale to cocktails.
- Info Point – Located opposite the Discovery Centre, on your way from the Arboretum into the Star Field.
- First Aid and Welfare
- Merchandise – Located in the Main Arena
- The only showers available in the standard campsite at bluedot are our Meteor Showers. These require a paid for, physical ticket to access which you can purchase HERE
- There are free water points across site in our campsites and arena.
- Disposable BBQ’s can be used in the fire lanes.
- Camping stoves are allowed but limited to those that have up to 220g gas canisters.
- Campfires are prohibited.
- The campsite is for weekend ticket holders only.
- If you have a Thursday entry ticket for weekend customers, this means you can camp from Thursday in the standard campsite, live-in vehicle field, The Colony or in your pre-pitched tent.
Cheshire is a beautiful place. Green fields and untouched landscapes are what make it beautiful. It is not acceptable to litter and abandon possessions while you are at Jodrell Bank. Please make sure you take your tent home with you at the end of the event.
Festival Safe is a cross-industry initiative designed by festival organisers and industry professionals. It is a central resource to share useful information and advice with festival goers in a fun and engaging way before you head to the festival. Get prepared with essential advice and handy tips before you join us to discover the bluedot.
Whether you’re a festival first-timer or a loyal festival veteran, Festival Safe is a platform for everyone. It includes valuable sections on:
Festival first-timer: What tent do you buy? How you can cope with the toilets? What do you pack? All your questions answered to avoid any #FestivalFails.
Camping: Which campsite will be right for me? Whether you’re the Bear Grylls survival type or the glamping kind, Festival Safe gives you a survival guide to be a happy camper.
Families: An essential guide for those taking little explorers to the festival, with some suggestions and key tips to get your prepared beforehand to pack for the both of you.
Wellbeing: Festivals can sometimes be a test of endurance with the mix of sunshine and downpours, but stay on top form with your physical and mental health!
Alcohol & other drugs: Be sure not to overdo it – know the facts and stay safe.
Visit Festival Safe HERE